The Center for Global Best Practices Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit institution established on March 6, 2007 with the vision of spreading the culture of best practices in the Philippines as well as in other countries. The advocacy of the Center is to enhance the global competitiveness of individuals and organizations across various industries through best practices initiatives.
To realize its vision, the Center for Global Best Practices is continuously initiating the following activities:
1) Research - This is one of the major activities of the Center and includes the following:
a) Research for new best practices material
b) Research for existing best practices material with new updates
c) Research to develop the center’s own best practices material
Since best practices involves continuous improvement and innovation, research is an ongoing process for the Center. Learning materials are constantly updated to be relevant to the times.
2) Education - With the aid of research, the Center aims to spread the culture of best practices by educating the public through seminars, webinars, in-house training programs, conferences, workshops and similar activities. This mandate is also achieved in partnership with different institutions such as the Faculty of Civil Law – University of Santo Tomas, Enrique Zobel Foundation, Philippine Daily Inquirer, BusinessWorld, ING Bank, Price Waterhouse Coopers, Punongbayan & Araullo, Romulo Mabanta et al Law Office, among others.
The Center also engages in international partnerships including educational institutions such as the National University of Singapore (NUS) and Golden Gate University (GGU). The NUS is currently ranked as the number 1 business school in SouthEast Asia. The GGU is ranked #1 consecutively for the last 4 years as the "Best U.S. College for Adult Learners". These collaborations are with the objective of bringing to the Philippines the executive programs from NUS and GGU at a much cheaper and competitive price for the benefit of the Philippine public.
CGBP is also in partnerships with the International Chamber of Commerce Philippines and the Philippine Quality Awards Foundation.
The Center has pioneering Certification Courses:
- Certification Course for Compliance Officers
- Certification Course for Chief of Staff of Legislators
- Certification Course for LGU Administrators
- Certification Course for Tax Compliance Specialist
- Certification Course for Complete Staff Work
- Certified Parliamentarian Course
The Center’s target audiences are the senior to top-level executives both in the public and private sectors, business owners, and professionals. The Center believes that the “educational push” and advocacy for best practices can also be implemented effectively and fast if the initiative comes from the leadership and decision-makers of the organization.
3) Business Advisory/ Consulting - The Center provides a pool of experts and seasoned practitioners in various fields of specialization. Those who are in need of assistance or advise can tap into this pool to and benefit from this wealth of knowledge.
4) Awards - To create more awareness for its best practices advocacy, the Center is also looking at giving awards to organizations that embody the spirit and practice of the culture of excellence. This initiative is an ongoing search for the first Best Practices Award.
A partial list of its clients:
- Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas
- Bangsamoro Transition Authority Parliament
- Department of Finance
- Department of Information and Communications Technology
- Department of Interior and Local Government
- Department of Justice
- Department of National Defense
- Department of Trade and Industry
- Development Bank of the Philippines
- Government Service Insurance System
- Home Development Fund (PAG-IBIG)
- Land Bank of the Philippines
- Office of the Executive Secretary
- Office of the President
- Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR)
- Philippine Army
- Philippine Coast Guard
- Philippine National Police
- Philippine Ports Authority
- Presidential Communications and Operations Office
- Provincial Government of Bohol
- Provincial Government of Zambales
- Social Security System (SSS)
- United Coconut Planters Bank
- Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc.
- Aboitiz Power Corporation
- Alliance Global Group
- Basic Energy Corporation
- Concepcion Industries
- DMCI Holdings, Inc.
- First Gen Corporation
- Food Terminal Incorporated
- GT Capital Holdings, Inc.
- JG Summit Holdings Incorporated
- Jollibee Foods Corporation
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company
- MacroAsia Corporation
- Manila Electric Company (MERALCO)
- Megaworld Corporation
- Metro Pacific Investments Corporation
- Millennium Global Holdings, Inc.
- Philippine Realty & Holdings Corporation
- PHINMA, Inc.
- PJ Lhuillier, Inc.
- Robinsons Land Corporation
- Robinsons Retail Holdings, Inc.
- San Miguel Brewery
- San Miguel Corporation
- Semirara Mining and Power Corporation
- SM Investments Corporation
- SM Prime Holdings, Inc.
- Universal Robina Corporation
- Vista Land and Lifescapes, Inc.
- Vista Mall
- Allied Banking Corporation
- Banco de Oro
- Bank of Commerce
- Bank of Makati (A Rural Bank), Inc.
- Bank of the Philippine Islands
- China Banking Corporation
- City Savings Bank, Inc.
- East West Banking Corporation
- Equicom Savings Bank
- Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company
- Philippine National Bank
- Rizal Commercial Banking Corp
- UCPB Savings Bank
- Union Bank of the Philippines
- Air Materiel Wing Savings & Loan Association, Inc.
- Armed Forces and Police Mutual Benefit Association, Inc.
- Basa Air Base Savings & Loan Association, Inc.
- Bureau of Jail Management and Penology Mutual Benefit Association
- CLI Finance, Inc.
- First Metro Investment Corporation
- LBP Leasing and Finance Corporation
- Makati Finance Corporation
- Metro Card Corporation
- ORIX METRO Leasing and Finance Corporation
- Philippine Coast Guard Savings & Loan Association, Inc.
- Philippine Navy Savings & Loan Association, Inc.
- Public Safety Mutual Benefit Fund, Inc.
- Radiowealth Finance Company
- San Jose del Monte Savings & Credit Cooperative
- Toyota Financial Services